Power is of paramount importance in modern human civilisation and to transmit and distribute it in today’s world, we need state-of-the-art cables. Cable manufacturers all over the world are continuously trying to address the growing demand for quality cables that can power the world with electricity safely and reliably. Notably, the business of cable companies has increased at an annual growth rate of 14-15 per cent in the last 15 years.
In this blog we list down the top 5 electric cable manufacturing companies in India that are consistently performing to contribute the best towards the power sector and economy
Havells brand is perhaps one of the best cable manufacturers in Delhi NCR within the flexible cables’ category. Let us review its key features that makes it one of the top brands in the industry.
- It produces a range of industrial cables including multi-core round cables, low voltage & high voltage cables, EHV capable, extra high voltage cables, coaxial cables, and heat resistant flame retardant cables.
- HT power cables offer 6.6 kV to 19/33 kV (E) as per IS:7098 – II, being ideal for industrial/heavy duty distribution.
- The cables are manufactured under eco-friendly norms, making them durable and sustainable.
- They are safe, reliable, fire resistant, lead-free and halogen free for seamless implementation across projects.
- LT control cables provide power supply to equipment, panel boards, etc. at 1.1 kV as per IS:1554-I & IS 7098-1
- Residential-use LT power cable copper and aluminium conductor options offered, providing seamless 1.1 kV & 3.3 kV for Electrical Substations as per IS:1554-I & 2/ IS 7098-1 &
- Trinned cooper XLPO insulated & LSZH sheathed solar cables are also manufactured leveraging innovative technology for seamless 1100 V AC/ 1800 V DC.
Finolex is a popular brand serving the cable industry with its five hi-tech cable manufacturing facilities spread across India.
- It is one of the leading cable manufacturers of superior quality electrical wires in India with an annual capacity of 2.5 million fibre kms, and over 4,000 channel partners and 30,000 dealers worldwide.
- Cables are manufactured using 99.97% pure electrolytic grade, bright annealed bare copper with more than 100% conductivity for best results.
- The state-of-the-art manufacturing plants comply with international standards including CCIT, Bell Core, TEC, BSNL, RDSO, etc
- The wires and cables from Finolex offer great flexibility, insulation that are specially formulated and manufactured for residential and industrial applications.
V-guard works with modern equipment to deliver world-class wires and cables to Indian houses and commercial centres.
- Its flame retardant low smoke (99.97% pure copper) and halogen flexible cables are made with HFT technology conforming with ISI standards.
- These long-lasting wires come with insulation PVC, 3-layer insulation safety and no heating issues, perfect for house wiring.
- V-guard is also a leading manufacturer of multi-core round cables, flat submersible cables, and customisable coaxial cables, providing seamless data transmission.
- V-guard offers a range of telephone cables that come with low power loss, low crosstalk and fire-retardant jackets.
- Its CCTV cables are powered with minimal distortion of video frequency range and clear picture even on low frequency, thereby strengthening the system of surveillance and security .
RR-Kabel is one of the most renowned cable manufacturers in the electrical manufacturing sector, boasting an annual growth rate of approximately 25 per cent. Let us review its chief benefits.• The company produces about 2909625 CKM PVC insulated cable every year.
- All the plants are ISO 9001: 2015, 14001: 2004, 18001: 2007 and ISO 45001 certified.
- RR-Kabel offers a wide range of application-based cables, instrumentation cables and power cables.
- They include flame retardant, low smoke, heat resistant, low smoke, zero halogen cable.
- SUPEREX FR (Flame Retardant) made with 100% Electrolytic Copper is one of India’s first REACH and RoHS Compliant Cables.
- RR Kabel also manufactures co-axial, CCTV camera, and PVC twin core and 3-core submersible flat cable.
- Cables and wires are designed for residential as well as commercial infrastructure purposes with single and three phase connections for ease of buying.
- KEI India
With its headquarters in Delhi, KEI is one of the most prominent cable manufacturers in Delhi NCR.• The company provides end to-end solutions offering a wide range of cables and wires including house wires, winding wires, rubber cables and multi-core flexible cables.
- KEI PV Solar cables leverage photovoltaic power supply systems for sustainable energy utilization, offering normal maximum conductor temperature of 90°C and for 20,000 hours up to 120°C.
- KEI’s High Voltage Cables provide voltage grade ranges in 3.3 kV to 33 kV, making them perfect for power transmission & distribution for construction projects.
- Superior fire-resistant cables for commercial/industrial use provide exceptional protection for seamless power transmission.
- Marine and offshore cable offerings provide ideal power management solutions for defence shipyards and private shipyards.